HydroBrick Vaporizer is another device from Sticky Brick Labs that stole our hearts! It’s the only vaporizer for people who want to be able to enjoy a good quality vapor but have a limited budget. If you have a water filter at home (a water pipe) with an 18 mm cut female joint, getting HydroBrick is a good idea.
››› Are you about to buy a vaporizer? Buy Hydrobrick Vaporizer in the authorized VapeFully store.
1. HydroBrick vaporizer – preparation
– HydroBrick has no electronic elements or a battery so you don’t need to do the “burn-off” before the first use.
– To work, HydroBrick Vaporizer needs a water filter (sold separately) or a “dry” mouthpiece (sold separately- find it here). Both pieces are installed on the 18 mm cut male joint.
– You can connect the water filter to your HydroBrick in two ways. A water filter with an 18 mm cut female joint can be connected directly to the vaporizer – there are many bubblers (or hydratubes) of this kind.
Another option is to connect the device to a tube that has an 18 mm cut female joint on one end and a joint that matchs your chosen water filter/bong on the other end.
– HydroBrick is a vaporizer based entirely on convection (the herbs are heated with a stream of hot air) so you don’t need to grind the herbs very finely. Actually, w’d say thaht you shouldn’t do it.
Medium-ground herbs are good enough for this device and you can grind them like this with any regular grinder.
– Don’t squeeze the herbs in the chamber too much as it can restrict the air flow inside, which can lead to overheatning or burning of herbs. It’s best to simply put the herbs into the chamber and let them loose.
If you’re just starting your vaping adventure, don’t use too much herbs at a time. It’s enough if you use a quantity that covers the screen.
– Get a good-quality lighter (the cheapest, decent lighters cost just a few pounds) and a high quality butane, e.g. from Colibri – you can get both it in VapeFully store.
Since you need to heat the air with a flame from the lighter, you should choose the best quality butane, i.e. one with no additives. This kind of gas will turn into carbon dioxide and water while burning and it will be entirely safe for your health.
2. How to use the vaporizer
– Once you fill the chamber with herbs, assemble your HydroBrick Vaporizer and connect it to a “dry” mouthpiece or a water filter.
– When your HydroBrick is not in use, never leave it connected to a water filter as the moist can make the wood swell.
– You need to learn the right technique if you want to really enjoy the inhalation.
Try this technique:
- Switch the lighter on and regulte the flame so that it is around 2 cm long.
- Bring the flame of the lighter closer to the glass nozzle (the air inlet) through which the hot air gets into the chamber. The ending of the flame should be very close to the nozzle but not inside. Direct the flame onto the nozzle from the top and keep it in a perpendicular position in relation to the device.
- Start taking very slow draws until you see vapor in the mouthpiece (or a water filter). Don’t switch off the lighter and increase the intensity of vaping. Your draws can be as strong as you wish.
- Switch the lighter off and inhale the rests of vapor from the mouthpiece or the water filter.
– After 2-3 draws, open the chamber and stir the herbs to make sure the herbs are vaporated evenly.
– The density of the vapor depends on the speed of the draw and how close to the air inlet the flame will be placed. You just have to practice and feel the difference yourself.
– When you use a water filter, cover the “clutch” just beside the chamber by using the plug that comes with the set. A vast majority of water pipes/bubblers has its own “clutch”.
– If you notice a hotspot on the herbs (a dark/burnt spot), it means that your draws were too slow or that you squeezed the herbs too much in the chamber. If you want to avoid hotspots, you can additionally make small circles around the tip of the nozzle.
– A small amount of vapor usually results from a wrong vaping technique and that your draws were probably too fast. Using the right vaping technique helps your HydroBrick make large clouds of vapor.
3. How to clean HydroBrick Vaporizer?
– HydroBrick Vaporizer needs hardly any cleaning – the only element you need to clean regularly is the 18 mm cut glass joint. You can soak it in isopropyl alcohol. Just make sure you remove the gasket first – it shouldn’t come in contact with alcohol.
– Never clean any wooden elements with isopropyl alcohol as it can lead to a permanent damage. The wooden parts can be cleaned with a cleaning rod or a cotton bud soaked in warm water. Let all the elements dry out after the cleaning.
– If you burn the herbs in the chamber by accident, stop inhaling immediately and remove the herbs from the chamber straight away. If you continue inhaling, the herbs will keep on burning which will spoil the flavor for the next few sessions and may actually damage the device.
Once you remove the herbs, clean the inside of the device with a cotton bud soaked with warm water, then let all the elements dry out. The bad smell will be gone after a few vaping sessions.
We recommend VapeCleaner for this model cleaning.
What’s your experience with HydroBrick Vaporizer? Share it in the comments below and let us know which tips you’ve found thhe most useful!
Buy HydroBrick Vaporizer here.
If you have doubts whether your vaporizer is suitable for aromatherapy or you would like to get more information about it – contact us, our experts will be happy to give you professional and free advice!